Posts tagged search engine optimization
SEO Techniques are a set of particular tasks that would be performed by a SEO Company, when employed by a Client who desires to have high search engine positions to draw attention of their targeted traffic, with the goal of increasing their conversion rates and brand awareness.
Efficient and effective website optimization should enable the Search Engines to Index a site, utilizing the most appropriate keywords, related to the content which is promoting the goods and services offered by the Client. Implementing successful and profitable SEO Techniques needs far-reaching knowledge of logic and a very good understanding of the targeted market sector.
SEO Techniques must be focused towards Human visitors in order to achieve good quality traffic and conversion rates. Page Content should be distinguished, educational and appropriate to a search query. Writing appropriate, quality content is one of the most essential factors or SEO Techniques, which will unlock the doors of your website to real visitors.
A website is a visual and graphic interface to a Company. The website designer will incorporate many skills including graphic design and expert coding to represent the Clients goods and services, to reflect the quality, expertise and brand of the Client. The foundation of strong SEO Techniques should be developed prior to the website design stage by an SEO Specialist. The combination of a professional web designer and SEO professional working in tandem will result in an effective Internet platform, for Search Engine Marketing.
There are many methods of implementing best SEO Techniques, but be aware that there are bad SEO techniques that should not be used rather avoided. Bad SEO techniques include Hidden Text, Optimizing inappropriate keywords, linking to bad neighbors, keyword stuffing and Doorway or Gateway Pages. These SEO Techniques will reveal very less appropriate traffic, bad conversion rates and have a high chance of getting your website banned from the search engine index. These SEO techniques are regularly used by “so called” SEO companies offering services at very, very cheap rates.
The Development of your Internet Marketing Strategy is a continuous cycle, when optimizing for natural appropriate search engine results. The SEO specialist will become an intrinsic part of the Marketing Team. Studying Market Trends and the analysis of competitors and consumers, combined with thorough keyword research will form the basis of the optimization methodology and will outline the SEO Techniques needed for the Internet Marketing Strategy.
Following are some SEO techniques and key factors to combine within the SEO Project Plan:
1) Domain Name –
If you choose the correct domain name in the first place it makes the whole optimization process so much easier. Short names are easier to remember which should include primary keywords without hyphens were possible
2) Domain Extension –
.com or .net For the Global Market and use .co.uk for UK Country specific traffic.
3) URL Names –
URL names should include relevant keywords which should be unique to each page.
4) Robots.txt –
Web Robots (also known as Web Wanderers, Crawlers, or Spiders), are programs that traverse the Web automatically. Search engines such as Google use them to index the web content, spammers use them to scan for email addresses, and they have many other uses.
5) Navigation Structure –
If people cannot navigate through your site, they will quickly leave. Thus, designing effective navigation on your Web site is crucial. But there are some basic things you need to do before you can start worrying about rollovers or links, images or flash.
6) Meta Tags – Title and Description –
It could be said that the title is one of the most important factors for a successful search engine optimization of your website. The title tags should be between 10-60 characters.
The description tag should be written in such way that it will show what information your website contains or what your website is about. Write short and clear sentences that will not confuse your visitors. The description tag should be less than 200 characters.
7) H1 H2 and H3 Tags – H1- Use for the short on page content description.
H2 and H3 Tags – Use for Headings for sub categories within the Content.
8 ) Internal Keyword Link Strategy -
The Keyword Strategy Internal Links plug-in automatically links keywords to pages within a website.
9) Image Alt Tags –
Optimizing images is becoming more and more important in SEO for websites. The ALT attribute is a critical step that is often overlooked. This can be a lost opportunity for better rankings.
Assure trust and confidentiality. The site should confirm to the W3C standards (W3C standards define an Open Web Platform for application development that has the unprecedented potential to enable developers to build rich interactive experiences, powered by vast data stores that are available on any device).
11) Create and submit RSS feeds to relevant feed directories.
12) Find relevant websites within the same market sector or niche and form a link partnership.
13) Submit your website to relevant or industry related directories.
14) A link exchange should be formed by utilizing relevant keyword Anchor Text.
15) Utilize relevant Social Networks and Forums related to your Market Sector.
16) Utilize Blog sites relevant to your Market Sector.
The above factors are proven SEO Techniques, which will help increase targeted traffic from achieving good or high ranking search engine positions.
After uploading the website to your webhost, you want it get good exposure on the major search engines Google, Yahoo, and Bing. To ensure maximum exposure to your site on these search engines, there are few things & practices that you need to remember for search engine optimization (SEO).
At the time of website creation you need to ensure the addition of certain Meta tags that the search engines look at but are not visible to the site’s visitor. Including Meta tags, title tag or the title of the webpage is of at most importance. Ensure that the title describes the corresponding webpage. Say e.g. the title of my blog is Tips To Do Search Engine Optimization. The title appears in the top of your browser (title bar). Tip: do not put ‘Home Page’ as your title. Many people do that blunder in their website’s main page.
Limit your title to 60 characters since some search engines will cut off the title at 60 characters.
The other things that a search engine robot looks for on your web page are the web page description and the keywords. The keywords determine which web pages will come up when people search in the search engine. The description will be shown under your website title so people can skim through the list of websites and determine which one most closely fits what they are searching for. Google offers a keyword tool to help you pick the best keywords for your site. The images in the site should also be properly optimized with correct values in the title, alt and source attributes.
Make sure that you submit your site to the four big search engines: Google, Yahoo, Bing, and AOL.
There are several sites that will submit your website to many search engines for free. One of them, AddMe will submit your site to 22 search engines including Google. FastSubmit at will submit your site to 89 search engines around the world for free. SubmitExpress will submit to 37 search engines. Other search engine submitters are FreeSubmissionWeb, ineedhits, Submitshop, Searchengineoptimizing, AddPro, Pageranklist, Freewebsubmission, Amfibi, Burf, Jerkasmarknad, LocalSubmit, SrSubmit. You may want to check several submitters since they seem to submit to different search engines.
Above tips to do search engine optimization just includes tips to do on page optimization. A lot of firms are there that optimize your website for search engines for an amount as their fee. It is a good solution for your online business. SEO firms know how to set up your website so that it can get maximum exposure on different search engines. So for off page optimization you can go for some firm since it is an ongoing continuous process. So optimize your sites well & let world know it quickly.
- Be extremely cautious of anyone who places great emphasis on “submissions.” They’ve never been trained and do not understand search engine marketing if they place a lot of emphasis on submission services. Submitting to a “Directory” is still important, but there are good reasons why, you should NOT submit to search engines.
- Ask outright to see the individuals “SEO certification of skills.” If they have one, take a good look at the company that delivered their certification training. Do a search to see if that training company’s Web site can be found in top results for competitive SEO training phrases. For example if the training company only shows up in PPC advertising, how could they possibly be training others in gaining visibility in the organic results, if they cannot achieve it for themselves. The same with any company that uses unsolicited e-mail marketing to push their services. Think about it….if they were up to date in their skills, they would not be resorting to Spamming you.
- Beware of anyone who “guarantees” a number one ranking in Google or other search engines. These offers are designed to “look safe” and “sound safe” so that you * think* you cannot possibly lose out. A great deal of confidence is bolstered using superlative laden language that convinces you that there is no possible way you can lose. We have seen many people come to study in class to build genuine SEO and SEM skills (unfortunately after they trusted their Web site to the wrong people.) In some case their sites had been banned and then we’ve had to help them clean up the mess to get back into the search engine’s good graces.
- Watch for hints in dialogue when someone speaks of knowing all the “tricks” to “outsmart the search engines.”
SEO Professionals do not “outsmart” or “trick” the search engines at all. But they’ve been trained in how to create truly relevant, high quality content that ranks based on developing useful pages that deliver high value to the visitor and satisfy the reason why the visitor searched in the first place. Many bits of dialogue are quite telling, so listen carefully when someone is describing there services to you.
- As strange as it sounds, this industry is not JUST about top rankings. Ultimately, the goal is to gain top rankings but also you must understand how to compel visitors to respond. It’s only when these two elements together are working that you’ll produce your ultimate objective….to make sales, or earn money and profit from your Web site.
Even if your objective is not to make sales, you’ll still need to be easily found and you’ll need to compel your visitor to take some kind of action to fulfill whatever objective you have.
- Ask the company you are considering for hire, to provide you with a few business referrals where you can obtain a phone number and actually speak to a few of their clients. This can be someone who is in a different type of business and it can also be someone who can answer your questions in general.Questions you might ask of their client: 1) In terms of percentage, how much has your company profited by using this service? 2) Are there any pages on your site that you wish might perform better? 3) Would you say that these SEO services have exceeded your original expectations? These types of questions will encourage the referral to reflect on their relationship while not sounding too threatening or prying.
- Don’t feel that you literally have to become an SEO expert in order to get your Web site performing well. If you have no interest in building the skills, you can still get a solid education in all of the principles and techniques that will help you easily identify truth from error. This education can literally save you thousands of wasted dollars and get your project launched correctly the FIRST time.
- Watch out for so called “training companies” that may have a secondary agenda (other than teaching you the genuine SEO skills manually.) There are companies that say they will teach you the skills, but in the end, they are hoping to make learning “seem more difficult” in hopes of having you end up hiring THEM to do the work. Some schools give you some general knowledge but in the end, they want you to buy their special SEO tools like an up-sell.
Web site owners and search engine optimization professionals used to spend a lot of time worrying about meta tags. Which keywords should be added to the KEYWORDS tag? How to compose the content in the DESCRIPTION tag?
These days the issue of meta tags is easy to handle: They no longer play any role in ranking your site in the major search engines.
Come again? Yes, Bing and Google along with Ask and any other search engines that pass for competition do not use information from meta tags for ranking your site. It’s as simple as that.
If you want to go the extra mile, you could optimize the description tag, which Google may choose to use in the snippet on the search results page. It is not relevant to ranking, however.
To help the search engines robots crawl your site properly, you should mind your ROBOTS tags:
- <META NAME=”ROBOTS”
tells the search engine to index the page. However, this tag is superfluous. Search engines will also index pages without this tag.
- <META NAME=”ROBOTS”
indicates that a robot should neither index a document, nor analyze it for links.
- <META NAME=”ROBOTS”
means that a robot should not index this document, but that it should index the pages it is pointing to.
Note though, that if you need to limit the search engines access to your site, it is better to put a robots.txt file in the root directory of your site (provided that you have your own domain).