Web Directories: An Efficient SEO strategy!!
A detracting part of any search engine optimization (SEO) strategy is to take benefit of one of the least complicated yet most efficient tools at your disposal-using a web directories service to list your website.
Though many people know that they want to be at the top of any list of results when someone is looking for information on a given topic, getting to that top position is often viewed as a mystery. What the people behind those top search results know, however, is that there are some powerful tools for getting that top slot-and one of the most powerful of those lies in web directories listings.
Although you could (and should) try to find blogs and different sites that will point back to you, one of the best things you could do to quickly start seeing a boost in your spot in major engines is to look into the possibilities offered by high-quality web directories.
One of the good reasons why web directories service is so beneficial for those looking to boost website rankings is because of the value that having quality backlinks given. In the “eyes” of search engine like Google and other similar search algorithms, if there are numerous pointers to any given place on the web, the ranking of that site goes up because it is clear that there is value since other sites link to it.
More expressly, when there are a numerous pointers back to your site on a number of high-quality sites around the web, that means that the chances are much better that the search engine’s crawler will encounter your web address more often and be more inclined to visit it more repeatedly, checking for updates and new contents. If you can keep updating with new and latest content on your website, so then not only will visitors be more likely to come back, so too will the crawler-which leads to better position in search results.
Other advantages of Web Directories for SEO purposes
There is another advantage of getting your web pages listed in one of these web directories; you get the added visibility to actual browsers who are looking for the information or service that your website offers. Oftentimes, as people query around the internet, they come across a web directories that contains good links to appropriate points of interest. If they encounter your place on the web-lucky you, you’ve found a perfect visitor, all for just a small amount of effort.
Addition to the advantage of these services in the arena of gaining backlinks and finding new visitors who are actively looking for exactly what it is you have to offer, either its content or services, another advantage is that your SEO strategy gets a large boost for minimal time and effort. In other words, by finding and using a reputable web directory to submit to you can easily, and without a great deal of problem or expense, get some excellent ways to grow your web business or site.
The advantages of submitting your site to web directories far override any time you would spend showing your website information, thus there is little reason to delay. This should be one of the first items on your agenda as you look for ways to build traffic to your corner.
A Simple yet Powerful Option to Build Traffic via Web Directories!!
Many owners of web businesses providing content or a service understand the value of web directories as they seek to separate themselves from the competition, both in terms of search engine rankings and organic traffic from those who find the listing in a list of appropriate other directory sites.
There is nothing specialized that is needed in terms of knowledge or skill that is keeping anyone from getting their website listed on web directories and the advantages of taking the short amount of time necessary to grant the important information might be astonishing.
What is a Directory?
A directory does not use robots to index a site. All sites that are indexed are directly done by people. You need to submit your web site under a particular category, after which an editor will review your site and then accept or reject your site according to its quality.
Guidelines while submitting to Directories
- Make sure your site is 100% up and running, with no “under construction” signs. Good site design, fast loading pages, and content are important, especially for Yahoo.
- From the homepage of a directory take your time and find the appropriate category your site fits into. You can do a keyword search using your most important keywords or key phrases and note the category that lists these sites. That will probably be the best category for your site. You may also have multiple categories, in which case you must submit under all the suitable categories.
- Once you have found a suitable category, look out for a “Suggest a site” or an “Add URL” link. Click on this link to submit your site.
- Before rushing off to submit your site, carefully read their suggestions on how to submit. They REALLY mean it. Follow their instructions to the absolute letter.
- Since Directories do not use robots, everything indexed into a directory is done by people. No META tags, ALT image tags, HTML comments or image maps will help your performance here. Your best bet is to describe your site accurately and the final decision of adding your web site to a directory’s database rests with the editor who reviews your web site. Best of luck!