The word ‘Promotion’ is particularly used to refer a particular activity that is aimed to promote the business product or service. Promotion is communicating, interacting and meeting with people and make an attempt to influence them to buy your product or service. So now ‘Online promotions’ is the same activity but the difference is it’s done via internet, there is no need to meet anyone, no staff required to sale your product or service physically.
Online promotion is an activity which has variety of techniques to target and attract potential customer and to create a buzz about your company.
Making and constructing a website is not enough. Whenever anyone searches a website, the website should appear within first 10 lists only. Otherwise the website will lose potential customers. Thus, online marketing needs a regular and consistent promotion which is actually a key to get success online.
Online marketing and online promotions opens ways to make opportunities for you and your businesses. Online promotions are part of a marketing strategy which designed to stimulate a customer to take action towards buying decision across globe at any point of time.
Ways of doing online promotions:
- · Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- · Paid Promotion – promoting a website or business through paid advertising like Google or LinkedIn, Pay per Click (PPC).
- Email publishing – periodically newsletter, updates
- Online forums
- Social media – social networking site facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc(website Link exchange, writing articles and testimonials)
- Banner advertisements
- YouTube – can be the medium to reach potential customers.
Benefits of online promotions:
- Content is Timeless
- Time Saving
- Less time needed to create launch and manage online promotions.
- Instant Communication
- No time constraint, opened for 24×365
- Reaches and covers worldwide customers
- Lowest promotional cost to reach million probable customers
- Business can access through millions of customers by just a few clicks of their mouse.
- It’s not just nationwide, it is worldwide.
- It gives immediate feedback and response(it’s both quantitative and qualitative)
- Less paper and other waste on non-interested consumers.
- Control is in hand, means it can be altered at any point of time according to the need of time.
- Easy for consumers to participate.
- More likely to get repeat visitors and entries.
Total dynamics change when one shifts from regular promotions to online promotions. Today’s technology offers us to promote with a speed faster than that of light. This is called power of online promotions.